Douglas D. Law Attorney Profile
- Over 30 years of experience
- Thousands of lemon cases handled
- Gives personal attention to each case
- 99% success rate and excellent customer satisfaction rate
- Offers free case reviews
- “Preeminent” AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an international-ranking service for attorneys
- Named Top 2019 Lawyer in the San Diego magazine
- Named Top 2020 Lawyer in the San Diego magazine
Douglas D. Law, Esq.
For over 20 years Mr. Law has successfully handled thousands of cases under California’s lemon law, known as the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, from simple letters, through jury trials, to the courts of appeal all the way to the California Supreme Court. Mr. Law was the trail and appellate attorney in the precedent-setting cases Foreman v. National R.V., Inc. (1995) 34 Cal.App.4th 1072 and Robertson v. Fleetwood Travel Trailers (2006) 144 Cal.App.4th 785, review denied, California Supreme Court (2007) Cal. LEXIS 1443. Mr. Law was also the principal trial lawyer in the landmark case Thompson v. 10,000 RV Sales, Inc. (2005) 130 Cal. App. 4th 950. These cases established important legal rights for consumers and are regularly cited by CA courts for the principles they stand for.
Mr. Law has also received a “Preeminent” AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an international-ranking service for attorneys. Preeminent is the highest AV rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell and first requires that the lawyer receive perfect scores for ethics from surveyed peers consisting of lawyers and judges who have personal experience with the attorney. The attorney is then ranked on such items as creativity, quality of written work, and trial skills. The lawyer must receive perfect scores in each of the categories in order to receive the “Preeminent” ranking.
Mr. Law was also one of the founding members of the California Association of Lemon Attorneys in 1990. For many years, this group of pioneering attorneys met on a continual basis to discuss issues arising and to meet the tactics and strategies employed by manufacturers to defeat claims.
Mr. Law has appeared and testified before the California legislature regarding amendments to California’s lemon law and worked with legislators to incorporate strong provisions into the Song-Beverly Act. Mr. Law has appeared in numerous television and radio broadcasts featuring his cases as well as topics of general interest to consumers. Mr. Law is proud of his record representing CA consumers throughout the state against companies with superior financial resources.
Additionally, The Law Offices of Douglas D. Law, Esq. also has experience in handling thousands of automobile fraud, leasing and financing cases under statutes such as California’s Consumers Legal Remedies Act and Automobile Sales Finance Act and the Federal Odometer Act.
The Law Offices of Douglas D. Law, Esq. is a firm devoted solely to representing consumers. Mr. Law is not only a member of the state and local bar associations but he is also a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates. Quality results ethically achieved and excellent client relationships are the goals of The Law Offices of Douglas D. Law, Esq. (See our Client Testimonials page.)
Recent Case Victories
- A couple purchased a sport utility vehicle that went through two sets of brake pads in 14,000 miles. The manufacturer refused to replace the second set of brake pads, claiming that the vehicle functioned as designed and that the wear on the brake pads was caused by the owners’ aggressive driving habits. The jury awarded the owners a full repurchase of the vehicle, plus $58,000 in civil penalties.
- A couple purchased a used vehicle from a used car dealership. They were told at the time of purchase that not only was the car a classic and in “great condition,” but also that the vehicle had low mileage reflected by 48,000 miles on the odometer. However, the dealership concealed that the vehicle was, in fact, in poor mechanical condition and that the odometer had been rolled-back at least once. After a three day trial, the case settled for an amount equal to three times the value of the vehicle.
- A consumer purchased a truck that suffered from a variety of defects, including premature tire wear. The manufacturer blamed the tires for the problem. A jury awarded a refund, plus a civil penalty equal to double the refund amount.
- Read more
Press Releases and Media Mentions
- Douglas Law Once Again Named Top San Diego Lawyer
- San Diego Magazine – Named a Top 2019 Lawyer
- Douglas D. Law, Esq. Awarded a “Preeminent” AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Contact Us Today
If you bought a lemon and need help dealing with the headache of a broken vehicle, you need an experienced lawyer. The San Diego, California consumer protection attorneys at the Law Offices of Douglas D. Law, Esq. are here to help. Call us Toll Free at (888)829-9033, or press the BIG BLUE BUTTON below to get your free consultation!